We have an immediate need for a full -time MRI Scheduler. Travel to both Cedar Lake (Biloxi) and East Lake (Vancleave) clinic locations may be required. Weekend and evening hours may be required.
The MRI Scheduler is responsible for all aspects of scheduling MRI patients including: reviewing authorization documents; assisting a patient through the MRI scheduling process; gathering relevant patient history; scheduling, rescheduling and canceling appointments; verifying physician orders; and entering patient information into an electronic health records (EHR) system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2 years experience in medical or related.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and/or scheduling procedures highly preferred.
- Experience with EHR systems.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to travel to various locations and work overtime hours as needed.